NUNM Helfgott Research Institute is conducting a study on the impact of a three-month elimination diet with nutritional counseling on food sensitivities in participants with a BMI of 25 or greater.
Researchers at Helfgott Research Institute and NUNM invite you to participate in a clinical trial for which you’ll receive food sensitivity testing at no cost. Participants will receive food sensitivity testing and be randomized to a treatment or wait list group. Treatment will include a three-month elimination diet based on test results, and free nutritional counseling via phone or video.
Wait list participants will receive results and nutritional counseling three months after enrollment in the trial.
To qualify, you must be:
- Between 18–65 years old
- Have a BMI of 25 or greater.
- Willing to participate in a three-month elimination diet
- Willing to have blood drawn on two separate visits
- Able to participate in 10 phone or video calls with nutritionists
- Able to access a computer with internet access to complete surveys
- NOT be on immunosuppressive medications
- NOT be pregnant or planning to become pregnant during the course of the trial
For more information and to see if you qualify, call 503.552.1943.
Principal Investigator: Rachel Neuendorf, ND, MS