NUNM’s Helfgott Research Institute is a professionally independent, nonprofit research institute whose mission is to conduct rigorous, high quality, research on the art and science of healing, specifically working to understand natural forms of medicine. Together, scientists from the fields of naturopathic medicine, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, immunology and nutrition apply their expertise to the study of natural medicine.
Thinking about a career in integrative medicine research? Expand your skill set with a variety of educational opportunities!
There are many ways in which Helfgott and NUNM reach out and connect with the local community and beyond. Take a look at our current research projects, including student led research and complimentary and integrative health research.
- International Cohort of Lifestyle Determinants of Health
- Stigma Related to Fibromyalgia
- Can mindfulness help your lumbosacral radiculopathy/sciatica?
- Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder (HSD) and Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes
- Natural Product Signature in Crohn’s Disease
- Feeling overwhelmed? Join the Cultivating Calm study