Do You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps?
If so, you may be eligible to participate in a study of Pau d’ Arco on quality of life and symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS).
To participate in this study, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18–45
- Experience cramping with menstruation each month
- Not have a known reproductive disorder (e.g., endometriosis, PCOS, ovarian cysts, etc.)
- Currently use a non-hormonal form of birth control (e.g., abstinence, condom, diaphragm, or copper IUD (ParaGard))
- Not currently using hormonal birth control or blood–thinning medications
- Be willing to have four blood draws taken
Receive a free Lunette Cup and $25 in gift cards per study visit (up to $75 in gift cards if you attend all three study visits).
Interested? Please call 503.552.1746.
This study is being conducted by Helfgott Research Institute at National University of Natural Medicine.
IRB # RB11617
Approval Date: 05/04/2018
Principal Investigators: Ryan Bradley, ND, MPH; and Christine McClure